Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Getting Together...

There is an active discussion about how often our family should get together. Some in our family might be reading the blog posts, but may not be familiar with how to view the comments. I am posting the comments that family members have posted regarding the frequency of meeting together as a family.

I for one am very much in favor of meeting at least once every two years - and as Steph indicated, the alternating between summers and winters would be fine with us. As our kids get older (and marry and move out on their own) it is increasingly difficult to assure that they will all come back for our get-togethers, but we can always try.

The conversation in the comment section goes as follows:

Jeanne said...
Craig,
I appreciate your aggresiveness in fulfilling your new assignment as president of the Owen W. Allen Family Organization. Your ideas regarding future family reunions and seeking opinions of family members opens the door to more successful get togethers in the future.
My personal thoughts are that I would love to get together with my family as often as possible. Because of the size of our family, I recognize not all can attend each one. We might consider First Generation get togethers annually and the entire Allen Clan every three years. Locations could vary so the same people aren't always having to travel. A survey could be issued to see the desired locations for the reunion. Just want to make as many happy as possible. I love my family so much, and thanks for your efforts in "making things happen". Love, MOM

7:56 AM


NorthShoreHI said...
Great idea MOM, but I hope that we don't dilute enthusiasm for getting everyone together by having too many small, informal gatherings. I just enjoy seeing the family - and I like having us all try to get together.

But the discussion and a consensus between the two of us is probably not enough.
- Moi

12:01 AM


Stephanie said...
I have put together the survey email if you want to send that out Craig. It encompasses some diverse options and leaves room for suggestions too. I was under the impression we were going to go ahead and "go for it" every two years, with alternating years between Summer and Winter in hopes to catch everyone with one or the other?
Regardless of how we obtain the survey information having any response will ensure everyone gets a chance to be heard! I too just want to get together as much as possible. I know we aren't a "normal" fam, but really even for abnormal families it shouldn't be like pulling teeth to put together a reunion :)Thanks for doing this Craig. Love ya!

3:02 PM


Jeanne said...
I appreciate everyone's input regarding reunions and think the more opinions we have,the better. I would love to have reunion's whenever it is possible as I love being with my children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. If the family decides on every two years, then I think it will be great. Craig, the newsletter on Pomeroy's is superb...thanks for keeping our heritage alive. Love, MOM

7:47 AM


Stacy Hansen said...
I think every two years is perfect for a reuinion. I love to see my family, since I live away from all of you. Let us know when & where and we will be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home